HEAT PUMP HOT WATER CYLINDERS – THE ULTIMATE IN COST SAVING EFFICIENCY
Imagine if you could save up to *80% of your hot water heating costs, rain, hail, or shine… The average Auckland home spends about 30% of their energy costs on heating water for the home. What would the savings be for you, if you could save *80% of one third of your power bill.
A WORD OF CAUTION ON HOT WATER HEAT PUMP SYSTEMS
There are many different brands of heat pump hot water cylinders flooding the market, however if I was you, I would be very careful when choosing which one is best.
Some models claim to be super efficient, however I can honestly tell you from experience that cold showers soon take the shine away from the savings if you buy a model that just doesn’t perform as it should.
WHICH ARE THE BEST HEAT PUMP HOT WATER CYLINDERS
Before you decide what model is best for you – you first need to be sure about how much hot water you are going to use per day. You need to be able to store a large volume of hot water if you use lots of hot water as recovery of the hot water is slower than traditional electric hot water cylinders. Some of the models that claim extreme efficiency, are a little misleading – they do not tell you as an example that it will take 11 hours to recover a full tank of hot water. Yes very efficient but you end up with no hot water to do the dishes at night… It could be very frustrating.
THE RHEEM HEAT PUMP HOT WATER CYLINDER IS PRETTY GOOD
Heavy Duty Heat Pump – The latest generation in electric water heaters (hot water cylinders). The large 310 litre storage capacity and increased recovery rate of the Rheem heat pump hot water cylinders is excellent. The Rheem heat pump hot water cylinder uses approximately 1/3 the amount of electricity of a conventional electric water heater. Saving you up to 2/3 of your hot water energy cost. The economical Rheem Heat Pump uses ambient heat from the atmosphere as its primary energy source. Advanced single-pass top-down heating technology delivers hot water to the top of the tank, heating the tank from the ‘top-down’ and providing usable hot water faster. Fast recovery rate minimizes Heat Pump operation, extending product life. Packaged as two separate components and connected during installation for simpler handling, delivery and installation.
ECOPLUS – THE LATEST AND GREATEST HOT WATER HEAT PUMP SYSTEM
Based on results, this is our favourite.
Why, because it does everything it says it will, and is super efficient.
The EcoPlus hot water heat pump system is a highly energy efficient alternative to traditional electric or gas water heaters. The EcoPlus hot water heat pump system runs on electricity but requires substantially less power to heat water than conventional hot water systems.
The EcoPlus system can save up to *80% of hot water energy costs, year after year. Rain, Hail, or Shine…
*The savings are based on case study and lab test results. Actual results may vary depending on ambient temperature and hot water usage.
Operating range: -10°C to +42°C
- Whisper quiet operation (37dB)
- Automatic heating cycle
- Fast heat recovery
- No backup element required
The EcoPlus system uses a split system design where the heat pump unit and stainless steel tank can be installed separately — allowing flexibility of the storage tank location
Up to 15 metres distance horizontally, and up to 3 metres vertically from the heat pump unit
Being a specialist type product, the installation of the EcoPlus hot water heat pump system must be carried out only by licensed and qualified installer supported by an licensed electrician.
Regency Plumbing have been the chosen installer of the EcoPlus hot water heat pump system for Auckland and much of the North Island, basically from Taupo North.
Regency Plumbing have already installed a number of the EcoPlus hot water heat pump systems and we will have more images and video testimonials added as soon as we can to inform you on just how brilliant they are.
Regency Plumbing probably install more hot water systems of all kinds than any other installer in NZ, and we are well impressed with the new EcoPlus.
HOW GOOD IS THE ECOPLUS HOT WATER HEAT PUMP SYSTEM?
According to Glenn – Brilliant!
Hi guys, Many thanks for a job well done. The job was done to a very high standard by guys obviously at the top of their game. Kinda cool hearing tradesmen singing while they work, and the mood well reflected in the finished product. The pipework, wiring, isolating switch and finished job look exceptionally tidy compare to what it replaced. Was a nice touch being shown the completed installation by tradesmen, with a quick explanation of form and function (when they finished). I am amazed by quietness of the unit during operation and the functionality is almost unbelievable. Just (5) minutes after initially turning system on, the water coming out of the tap was warm enough to have a shower (no wonder the claim 80% savings). Will be interesting to see power bills going forward compared to the more expensive solar system it replaces! And almost forgot to mention, our shower pressure has increased post install – another plus!
Cheers Glenn, Kingseat, Auckland
Job # 27066 – October 2019 – To supply and fit a Rheem EcoPlus Hot Water Heat Pump System
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO GET AN ECOPLUS HOT WATER HEAT PUMP SYSTEM INSTALLED IN AUCKLAND, NZ?
We totally understand when you tell us that you’re over excessive power bills, and are looking for something much more efficient. Join the club! and an ever growing bunch of Kiwi’s. If you’d like to get an ECOPLUS Hot Water Heat Pump System fitted in your home, you’ve come to the right place.
*NOW ONLY $8587 INC GST
At Regency Plumbing we have a very special package for you… A complete package for supply and installation of an EcoPlus Hot Water Heat Pump System anywhere in Auckland for only $8587 inc GST.
- A brand new ECOPLUS, which consists of a 300L Rheem hot water cylinder, and a Sanden Heat Pump,
- The latest new RMC mains pressure valve kit (including a tempering valve to prevent you or your children getting scalded)
- A selection of quality durable brass fittings on inlet and outlet connections, and all connections to the copper pipework
- Copper pipe for all visible hot water pipework
- Seismic restraints to keep your new cylinder secure
- And up to $500 inc GST of electrical work by our preferred electrician to reconnect the new hot water cylinder
- This includes the Eco Plus Hot Water Heat Pump System, plus the plumbing pipework and connections, and a $150 TRADE IN on your old hot water cylinder (providing we remove it from site for you)
- Everything is included for a common installation
Peace of Mind:
- Your new hot water cylinder will be fitted to meet manufacturers specifications, compliant with all current regulations for hot water cylinder installations in Auckland, and will come complete with a manufacturer backed warranty.
- This package is a well tested and proven package deal, and we find that 95% of the time the package will work out perfectly with no extra work required.
- This is a great price for a system of this quality. This is no guinea pig, it is the Rolls Royce of hot water systems.
Additional costs may apply if you require:
- Excessive amounts of electrical work (We have allowed for $500 of electrical work, however if extra work is required – the additional value will be passed on. Based on recent installations, our best estimation is between $450 – $750)
- The system can be installed as a split system (if the split is more than 5 metres apart, additional pipework may be charged for)
- And, please note that this price if for Auckland only. Outside of Auckland will incur the additional cost of travel, depending on where you are located.
- Please call for travel rates, but Regency Plumbing are the Exclusive Installer for everywhere North of Taupo at this time.
*NOW ONLY $8587 INC GST
*Terms and Conditions apply (based on standard exterior installation)